Total Pageviews

Friday, March 11, 2011

THIS HAS BEEN AN EXCITING WEEKEND!!!






We officially have 11 chicks out of 15 chicks out of their shells!!!! Yesterday late afternoon the first one hatched and we were there to see it. Amazing is the only was I can describe it :) We have a video that when things calm down a bit I will upload and tons of pictures!! The ones I am uploading now are from my camera phone but we took better ones also! This first picture is the first "pip" we saw and we could actually see the chick chirping and moving in the shell. This is all so cool. After it hatched I truly did not believe any of the others would hatch I was thinking we got lucky and should be happy to even have one. Well I woke up this morning and their were 11!!!!

The only bad part is the stronger chicks that hatched earlier are pecking at the newly born chicks so they have no time to get their footing and relax after being born :(

After being scared for my life on Wed due to a pulmonary embolism in my lungs and test after test this all makes my horrible week amazing!!!


THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING THING I HAVE DONE IN MY LIFE!!!!
I will update with pictures of the chicks once they can be taken out of the incubator and videos!!!!

again if anyone wants to come see the babies feel free :) :)

Jess

2 comments:

  1. wow amazing-Glad to hear you figured out why you were so sick!!

    when do you get to play with the chicks outside of their incubator?

    ReplyDelete
  2. we took some out yesterday and we will take the rest out today!! 2 bad you aren't closer so you could have Asher come play with them!

    ReplyDelete