Total Pageviews

Monday, February 28, 2011

Good news and bad news

On friday 2/25/11 I decided to candle the eggs because it was day 7. I saw veins and I saw something in the egg moving around which I THINK was the chick. It was amazing and we were so excited!!!. I went away for the weekend, came back and the eggs were fine. I went to bed last night and it was 99.6 with 41% humidity. This morning I woke up and the wire must have gotten messed up because it was 76.5 degrees and 75% humidity!!! I am so worried we killed the baby chicks :( I got the temp back up and the humidity down right away but my guess is they were like that for about about 9 hours as the temperature was dropping :( I could kick myself because we were doing so well!!

Now only time will tell. I guess I will candle again on day 18 before lockdown and see what is going on. The next 8 days are doing to be torture not touching the eggs!!

On another note I went to great escaped water park this weekend and it was an amazing time!! For anyone in New York you should check it out!

I need to figure out what I'm making this week and go shopping tonight. Being away for the weekend always gets me screwed up...

I'll have to think about what I feel like making and make a new blog post

Jess

1 comment:

  1. I think I saw your post this morning on BYC? I'm crossing my fingers that they'll be fine, better too cold than too hot right? I'm anxious to know what's going on too - remember to blog as soon as you candle!! :D

    ReplyDelete