Total Pageviews

Friday, February 11, 2011

Stalking the mail and planning meals

The incubator and eggs are supposed to arrive monday. I will set up the incubator to let it get acclimated for 24 hours while the eggs "set" for 24 hours. I read that you are supposed to do this with shipped fertile eggs since they get a little messed up in shipping. So that means by Wed the latest they will be in the incubator. This mean the Chicks should be here the week of March 6th sometime. They better not hatch late because March 12th I have a baby shower to go to and I don't want to miss it. I really hope I am not at work while they hatch! I want to take vacation but its silly to take off for that.

On another note, does anyone meal plan? I love to plan all the dinners I am having for the week, make a list and then search for coupons. Then I food shop weekly. I save a ton of money like this and always have what I want to make at home. A few of my friends do this and we post them in emails to each other. It really helps come up with new ideas and new recipes instead of always making the same things. I think I'll start posting my meal plans and if you are interested in a recipe feel free to ask me for it! Maybe I'll even take a picture of my final dinner every night and post it the following week!

Last week and this week of my meal planning

Sunday 1/30/11
Angel hair with shrimp tomatoes and basil

Monday 1/31/11
Tilapia and butternut squash

Tuesday 2/1/11
Hot buffalo chicken sandwiches

Wednesday 2/2/11
Slow cooker pot roast
mac and cheese

Thursday 2/3/11
Pot roast and swiss hot sandwiches with left over pot roast meat
Mac and cheese left over

Friday 2/4/11
Chicken cutlets/ steak Mashed potatoes

Saturday 2/5/11
Left overs?

Sunday 2/6/11
Chicken sundried
tomatoes and pasta

Monday 2/7/11
Left overs from sunday

Tuesday 2/8/11
Shepherd's pie

Wednesday 2/9/11
Spaghetti squash with shrimp tomatoes and spinach

Thursday 2/7/11
Out to dinner with friends

Friday 2/8/11
Scallops with mushrooms over rice

Saturday 2/9/11
Tamale Pie, sweet plantains and sliced avocados

Sunday 2/10/11
Linguine with clam sauce and garlic bread


Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment