Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Not about chickens, but here are some recipes

  • I am getting so anxious waiting for our eggs! It seems like this is going to be a lot of hurrying up and waiting. So while we are waiting I will share with you some of my FAVORITE crock pot recipes. I love to cook but sometimes you just want to throw everything in one pot ,come home and dinner is ready for you!


  • slow cooker buffalo sandwiches

  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1 (17.5 fluid ounce) bottle buffalo wing sauce, divided
  • 1/2 (1 ounce) package dry ranch salad dressing mix
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 6 rolls
  • Place the chicken breasts into a slow cooker, and pour in 3/4 of the wing sauce and the ranch dressing mix. Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours. Once the chicken has cooked, add the butter, and shred the meat finely with two forks. Pile the meat onto the rolls, and splash with the remaining buffalo wing sauce to serve.
I also like to mix a bit of blue cheese, sour cream and scallions to dress the roll with and some celery cut up on the side!!

Pot Roast- I usually serve with mashed potatoes because it makes an amazing gravy

Ingredients

* 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
* 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
* 1 1/4 cups water
* 5 1/2 pounds pot roast

Directions

1. In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.
2. Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours.


I try to cook almost every night so I have a TON of recipes. Most are family recipes which I know are awesome but lately I have been trying new things, some good, some bad and some horrible. At least I cook though !

How many days till chicken eggs? I think the countdown is 4 days!! woo hoo, Okay bed time for me!

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment